Has your dark nail polish or gel manicures stain your nails? Whether the color you use, constantly nail polish can take a toll on your nails. Hence, you might have yellow and unsightly nails. Thus, it doesn’t look good, not to mention it is not healthy either. Furthermore, some bacteria or fungi may be the cause of infection and discoloration. Either way, yellow nails are not a permanent condition and can be overcome by using simple homemade solutions. Hence, read this article and check out this perfect DIY homemade paste to get rid of yellow nails. Keep on reading and see the recipe.
Firstly, let me start off with the ingredients you need and why exactly you need them. For example, the lemon juice is loaded with vitamins and minerals that replenish your skin and nails. Moreover, the lemon juice is also a natural bleaching agent that helps lighten the yellow staining. Furthermore, for a stronger effect, we will make a concoction of baking soda, lemon juice and olive oil to exfoliate, lighten and moisturize your nails.
Thus, the ingredients you will are:
– 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon of baking soda
– ;½ teaspoon of olive oil.
Check out the instructions and let’s prepare the homemade paste:
- Pour 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice into a small container.
- Then, add 1 tablespoon of baking soda and ;½ teaspoon of olive oil to the lemon juice.
- Mix well to form a thick paste. You can increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients to get the ideal consistency.
- Finally, apply the mixture on your nails and give it a light rub.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water.
That’s it. All you have left is to follow it with your regular moisturizer. This remedy should give you visible results after the very first use. However, if that is not the case, you can use it 2 or 3 times a month to keep your nails white.