You must’ve been hearing constantly in those ads of various creams, lotions, serums, face-washes, and what-not about the fact that they now contain the anti-ageing properties of ‘Vitamin C’. Surely, a lot of people buy those cosmetics that claim to be helpful in dealing with wrinkles and age spots. But there are effective natural remedies too for getting a better skin. But before learning about them, let’s discuss a thing or two about how Vitamin C is good for your skin.
Benefits of Vitamin C for your skin
- Increases collagen production
- Contains antioxidants
- Helps in getting even skin tone
- Brightens the skin
- Repairs sun damage
Homemade Vitamin C Serum Recipe
- Vitamin C powder: 1 tablespoon
- Filtered water/glycerin: 1 tablespoon
- Aloe vera gel: 1 tablespoon
- Vitamin E oil: 1/2 tablespoon (optional)
- Take a small bowl. Mix the vitamin C powder and water/glycerin. Whisk or blend until the powder is fully dissolved.
- Add the aloe vera gel and blend again.
- Mix the vitamin e oil and make sure all the ingredients have formed a smooth mixture.
- Store the serum in an amber bottle. Store it in a place with minimum light exposure.
How To Use DIY Vitamin C Serum
- Wash your face before going to bed.
- Apply some toner and then use a small amount of vitamin C serum.
- Follow up with a moisturizer.
- Always remember to remove it in the morning, otherwise due to sun exposure it can cause sensitivity.
- Repeat every alternate day, and then slowly start using it every night up to 3 months.
Things To Remember :
- Try to use an organic or natural Vitamin C powder. Always measure the quantity to be used since it is acidic and can cause reactions.
- Using the Vitamin E oil is optional but recommended, since, it also has a lot of antioxidants which are beneficial for the skin.
- If you have a sensitive skin, you can dilute the serum with water.
- If you have a lot of wrinkles, you can slowly start adding more vitamin C, but it’s always better to test for sensitivity and reactions first in your inner arm